2017 Cub Scout Day Camps
Going to camp is a wonderful part of Cub Scouting! Day Camp is open to all registered Cub Scouts, (including Kindergarten graduates), and will offer unforgettable outdoor activities ranging from shooting sports to science and most especially…. learning about BUGS!
Dates & Times
- Gilpin Leechburg Park (Week 1)— Monday July 17 thru Thursday July 20 from 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Camp Agawam (Week 2) — Monday July 31 thru Thursday Aug 3 from 8:30am to 4:00pm
Buses will be available for the Camp Agawam Day Camp (week 2) departing from multiple locations in Butler County. Look for details and schedule with your registration packet.
No buses are available for the Glipin-Leechburg Camp (week 1).
Day Camp Fee $140
Leaders and Chaperones attend FREE
- $30 Deposit per Scout due on or before April 6
- $30 “Early Bird” Discount if deposit paid by April 6 and balance paid by May 10
Scouts, Walker and Staff receive a free t-shirt.
Parents and guardians (that are not staff or walkers) must purchase a t-shirt to attend at a cost of $15.
- Volunteers and Leaders who serve as Walkers (adults who guide a group of scouts from station to station) for all four days of camp receive a $30 discount on their own scouts’ camp fee.
- Volunteers and Leaders who serve on Staff for all four days will not pay any fees (free) for their own scout. Anyone interested in being on staff must apply to the Camp Director Amy Kamis.
Note: all walkers and staff members must be registered with the Boy Scouts of America.
It is recommended that Packs have at least one registered adult leader attend camp for every five to six Cub Scouts. The minimum number of adults is two - both of whom must be registered, have completed Youth Protection Training and submitted Act 15 paperwork.
The parent, grandparent or guardian may come to see their child at a Day Camp as an observer. They must be registered by the unit and have absolutely no responsibilities assigned to them at all.
Everyone must complete parts A and B of the Annual Health and Medical Record and bring them to camp.
Each day at camp, Scouts will spend their time doing the kinds of things young boys love to do including shoot BB guns and bows and arrows; cook out; sing songs; learn about nature; make crafts; and play games.
And yes, of course we’ll be working on Badges and Belt Loops! Each Scout will earn at least 3 belt loops!
- An afternoon snack will be provided for campers; they should bring a non-perishable lunch as there are no food preparation facilities at Gilpin-Leechburg #1.
- Lunch will be provided for all campers at Camp Agawam #2.
A Trading Post is available at camp from which souvenirs can be purchased. Your pack can preorder items for adults and Den Chiefs, but it is not required.
All registration must be completed online. Please register as a PACK.
Day Camp Program Guide
Important Meetings & Events
|Walker & Leader Meeting ||Gilpin-Leechburg Park |
|Jul 16 - 6:30 PM |
|Walker & Leader Meeting ||Camp Agawam |
@ Trading Post
|Jul 30 - 6:30 PM |
Day Camp Bus Schedule (Camp Agawam #2)
This information still needs to be confirmed.
Sing up for buses will happen after registration is complete.
Pick-up location: Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic High School, 1617 PA-228, Cranberry Twp., PA 16066 (near side entrance of the school)
This bus will start loading Scouts daily at 7:45 a.m. and the bus will depart for camp at 8 a.m.
This bus will return to Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic High School from Camp Agawam daily at 4:30 p.m.
Pick-up location: Butler Target, 200 Butler Commons, Butler, PA 16001 (far end of the parking lot)
This bus will start loading Scouts daily at 8 a.m. and the bus will depart for camp at 8:15 a.m.
This bus will return to the Butler Target store from Camp Agawam daily at 4:30 p.m.
Event Flier with Details (for e-mailing to parents)
Tri-fold brochure (for printing).
Rita Schnabel Ditch, Day Camp Program Director
Amy Kamis, Day Camp Advisor